Shallow Water and Offshore Oil Floating Storage and Production
Upgrade & Construction Offshore Deepwater opportunity in Nigeria
Our Upstream businesses explore for and extract crude oil and natural gas, often in joint ventures with international and national oil companies.
Our Upstream businesses are grouped into two organisational units: Americas, covering the Americas, and International, covering the rest of the world with major interests in Africa, Europe, Asia/Middle East/Russia.
Our Downstream organisation is made up of a number of businesses. Collectively these turn crude oil into a range of refined products, which are moved and marketed around the world for domestic, industrial and transport use. These include fuels, lubricants and bitumen.
Our manufacturing business includes Refining, Supply and Distribution. Marketing includes our Retail, Business to Business (B2B), Lubricants and Alternative Energies and CO . Our Chemicals business has dedicated Manufacturing and Marketing units 2 of its own. We also trade crude oil, oil products and petrochemicals primarily to optimise feedstock for our Manufacturing business and to supply our Marketing business. The global network of BGA companies encompasses trading activities in every major energy market around the world and infrastructure development. We also manage one of the fleets of marine logistics equipment -barges, tug boats etc.
Refinery Upgrade Expansion and repair work on refineries
Infrastructure Concessions houses the company’s investments in infrastructure concessions, including operations and maintenance services.
Infrastructure Concessions is actively working on expanding its concessions portfolio to include concessions such as public buildings and power plants.
PROPERTY DEVELOPMENTS develops, owns and services A-grade property assets in Nigeria. This business focuses on the commercial, industrial and retail markets and selected developments in the residential market.
Returns are generated through a blend of property development fees, unit sales and annuity income returns achieved from a portfolio of targeted equity investments.
ENGINEERING AND CONSTRUCTION (E & C)
E & C offers a stand-alone, sector-focused business that provides clients with a single, co-ordinated solution on technology rich and multi-disciplinary contracts and provides plant maintenance and shutdown services.
- Power generation, transmission and distribution.
- Oil and gas and petrochemical.
- Nuclear construction services.
Key services include
- Design and design management.
- Feasibility studies.
- Bid co-ordination and management.
- Project and construction management.
- EPC and design and build (D+C) contractor.
E & C allows the company to move up the hierarchy of infrastructure delivery to take on design, build and engineering procurement and construction (EPC) work within acceptable size and risk constraints.
Operations and maintenance services
- Planned plant maintenance and repairs.
- Planning and management of major plant turn-arounds.
- Shutdown work in acid, pulp and paper, chemical and
- petrochemical plants.
Sporting, hotels and leisure facilities
CONSTRUCTION – BUILDING AND HOUSING
BGA Investment International Limited construction cluster is the largest within the company. It includes the business segments: Building, Housing, Civil Engineering and Engineering projects.
Key services include:
- Education and healthcare facilities.
- Public buildings and infrastructure.
- Large commercial and residential complexes.
- Retail developments and industrial premises.
- Hotels, leisure and sporting facilities.
- Refurbishments and renovations.
Key services include
- Large-scale residential and building contracts for the mining and industrial sectors.
- Corporate and private/public sector housing developments.
- Low-cost and affordable housing schemes.
CONSTRUCTION – CIVIL ENGINEERING
This business unit undertakes a broad range of heavy civil, infrastructure, roads and earthworks contracts for both public and private clients, operating in Nigeria, the rest of Africa, the Indian Ocean Islands and the Middle East.
Key services include:
- Fluid distribution and storage.
- Mining civils.
- Milling plants, material handling, silos and storage.
- Power stations and industrial structures.
- Port and marine facilities and airports.
- Roads, bridges and interchanges.
- Dams, canals, pipelines and rail contracts.
The business unit has an established local and international footprint and is recognised as one of the leading Nigerian firms in marine construction and water treatment structures. The unit has a large, competent and multi-skilled workforce that allows flexibility in the selection of contracts and an ability to easily adjust to the changing needs of the markets.
CONSTRUCTION – SMEIP PROJECTS
A multi-disciplinary structural, mechanical, electrical instrumentation and piping contractor for the group. The projects range from power, energy, mining and industrial to plant maintenance and shutdown services.
Key services include:
- Total plant construction.
- Co-ordination and management of site wide services, logistics and construction.
- Supply and installation of structural steelwork and plate work for mining, industrial and power plants.
- Installation and commissioning of heavy mechanical and electrical equipment, such as mills, crushers, furnaces, refrigeration plant, transformers, generators, vessels, towers etc.
- Rigging studies and heavy lifts
- Fabrication, supply and installation of high and low pressure piping systems for the mining, power, industrial and petrochemical industries.
- Electrical instrumentation and control installations.
- High and low voltage reticulation (overhead and underground), including substations
Everite (Nutec) Building
Products: Everite: fibre cement building products
MANUFACTURING This segment comprises the two business units of fibre cement and steel, which supply products to Western African countries. Fibre Cement
Everite Building Products
This business offers fibre cement building products, under the Nutec brand, used in residential and industrial applications:
- Ceiling boards
- Façades and cladding
- Fascias and barge boards
- Storm water pipes
- Building columns
- Channels and manholes
Advanced Building Technologies
Nutec Modular Panel System: Relocation, disaster relief, rectification, staff accommodation, farm labour housing and student accommodation (dormitories).
Everite fibre cement pioneered Advanced Building Technologies (ABT), which provides a very fast and efficient alternative to traditional building practices. It involves building with a lightweight steel frame clad with Everite fibre cement cladding and lined with Everite flat sheets. A variety of external and internal finishes can be applied depending on a client’s specification.